1. The Community shall consist of
people who are Members.
2. Membership of ICTMA is activated
by attendance at an ICTMA Conference or
participation in another ICTMA sponsored activity. Membership remains
until an individual resigns, or ceases to participate in ICTMA
by non-attendance at three successive conferences, when there is also
in other ICTMA activities.
3. A ‘member eligible for election
to the Executive’ is normally a member who has
attended at least two of the last three ICTMA conferences, where for
interpretation a current ICTMA conference counts as ‘one of the last
conferences’. Only ‘eligible members’ may nominate others, and be
themselves to the office of President, and to membership of the
4. A General Meeting of the
Community shall be held at each ICTMA
The principal business of the General Meeting shall be to elect the
and to discuss matters pertaining to the Mission of the Community.
5. There shall be a President of the
Community who shall normally hold office for
four years, the period of office to commence at the end of an ICTMA and
at the end of the ICTMA held four years later. The President shall
normally not be
eligible for immediate re-election. The President shall be the Chair of
International Executive Committee.
6. The International Executive
Committee (the 'Committee') shall comprise
• the President
• the chief organisers of the last two ICTMA conferences* and the next
• three Members elected by the Members
• up to three persons (who are Members of the Community) co-opted by
* Where relevant a current ICTMA conference is deemed to be the most
recent of the last two
7. The Organiser of an ICTMA shall
be the chair of the local organising
committee and chair of that ICTMA.
8. Nominations and co-options shall
have regard to the desire that there should
be at least two men and at least two women on the Committee, and to
needs of geography and demography.
9. The elected Members shall
normally serve for four years (commencing at the
end of an ICTMA) and are eligible once only for re-election for a
further period of
10. Co-opted members may continue to
serve provided this continued
membership of the Committee is approved at a General Meeting of the
11.The Committee will select the
venues and appoint the Organisers of future
12. The Committee will appoint the
Editorial Board for the publication containing
selected papers presented at an ICTMA. The Editorial Board will normally
• the President
• a Continuing Editor who shall previously have been a member of the
• the Organiser of the current ICTMA
• one Member who has served on the current local organising committee.
13. The Committee shall appoint one
of its number to serve as Registrar whose
job will include maintaining the Register of Members, conducting
overseeing the maintenance and development of the ICTMA web pages,
computer conference and email list.
14. The Committee shall appoint one
of its number to serve as Secretary to the
Committee and to the Community.
15. Elections for President and/or
Committee members will take place at a
business meeting held at a convenient time during an ICTMA Conference.
first meeting of the new Committee may be held at the end of the same
Voting will be by ballot using proportional representation with a single
transferable vote system.
16. Members not attending an ICTMA
may OBTAIN a postal ballot from the
WEBSITE, and must ensure that this is returned TO THE SECRETARY at least
two weeks before the ICTMA begins. Response may be by post, fax, or
17. Nominations for elected officers
must be proposed and seconded by
Members eligible for election to the Executive, and must carry the
the nominated person.
Nominations must be placed on the Conference noticeboard at least 24
before the General Meeting.
Proxies must be delivered to the Chair at the start of the General
18. Motions to change this
constitution may be submitted to the Registrar at least
four weeks before an ICTMA conference and must be supported by at least
members. These Motions will be debated and a vote will be taken at the
General Meeting and, if passed by a two-thirds majority of those voting
postal votes, will come into effect immediately.
19. This Constitution was drafted by
the Executive Committee in 1998, and approved by many members who were consulted via e-mail. It was amended
the General Meeting held at ICTMA 10 in Beijing, August 2001, and again
general meeting held at ICTMA 13 in Bloomington, July 2007.
Return to ICTMA